(smôl līv’stok’): Small animals raised for food or other products or kept for use, especially farm animals such as rabbits and poultry.
ABOUT THE DEPARTMENT
Welcome to the Small Livestock Department, this is the place to find all the cute lovable pets that you always wanted but could not have, as well as some very strange-looking ones that you would not want to own, but are still fascinating anyway. We are a department that is open to everyone who resides in the USA. You may see entries from Idaho right next to an entry from the Santa Rosa Valley, all competing for the same first-place ribbon. If it has fur, feathers, or something in between, you can enter it here. Our staff has a combined 70 years of experience with these types of animals, so we can answer your questions or at least point you in the direction of someone who can. Entering is easy and fun, what’s even better, we take care of your entry while it is here so you don’t have to and you can enjoy the Fair. We are looking forward to seeing your entry and you at the 2018Ventura County fair. Also, don’t forget we have some really great contests for anyone from 5 years to ? (we don’t ask). See ya at the Fair!!
On your next trip to the Ventura County Fair, make sure to stop by and visit our barns. We offer not only rabbits, cavies, and pygmy goats but also rooster crowing, hen cackling, and costume contests that are not to be missed.
We look forward to seeing you in Small Livestock where there is always something interesting and educational.
INDEPENDENT EXHIBITORS MUST SUBMIT AN “INDEPENDENT EXHIBITOR APPLICATION” TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR THE SHOW. THIS FORM IS DUE TO THE LIVESTOCK DEPARTMENT NO LATER THAN APRIL 1, 2023.
Small Livestock Entry Forms:
Small Livestock Entry Guide (PDF)
Adult's Code of Conduct (PDF)
2023 Small Livestock Forms: Due at Coop-in (PDF). This packet includes all required items:
- Exhibitor Code of Practice
- Record of Medications Form Small Livestock
- Residue Avoidance Cert of Animal Medication
- Small Livestock Entry Guide
2023 Dates & Deadlines
Youth Market Meat Pens
Wednesday, July 12, 2023
- Rabbits, Roasters & Turkeys
- Cavies, Poultry, Rabbits, Youth Pygmy Goats, Mini Pigs, Bunny Hopping and Agility & Club Display Contest
- Champion of Champions & Youth Costume Contest
Mandatory Exhibitor Meetings
- Exhibition Exhibitors – Wednesday, Aug. 2, 2023, 10:00 AM
- Market Exhibitors – Monday, August 7, 2023, 3:00 PM
- Club Display Set-up – Saturday, July 29 and Sunday, July 30, 2023
- Cavies, Poultry, Rabbits, and Pygmy Goats – Tuesday, August 1, 2023, 4:00 – 8:00 PM
- Youth Auction Market Animals & Mini Pigs – Monday, August 7, 2023, 7:30AM – 12:00 PM
- Cavies, Poultry, Rabbits, and Pygmy Goats - Sunday, August 6, 2023, 8:00 – 10:00 PM
- Market Animal Live Pick-up and Mini Pigs - Sunday, August 13, 2023, 8:00 – 10:00 PM
- Club Display – Sunday, August 13, 2023, 8:00 – 10:00 PM; Monday, August 14, 2023 – 9:00 AM – 12:00PM
- Bunny Hopping & Agility – Wednesday, August 2, 2023, 4:00 PM
- Youth Poultry Judging & Showmanship – Thursday, August 3, 2023, 4:00 PM
- Cavy Judging & Showmanship - Friday, August 4, 2023, 12:00 PM
- Rabbit Judging & Showmanship - Saturday, August 5, 2023, 10:00 AM
- Pygmy Goat Showmanship & Judging – Sunday, August 6, 2023, 11:00 AM
- Rabbit, Cavy & Pygmy Goat Costume Contests – Sunday, August 6, 2023, 2:00 PM
- Market Rabbit Judging & Showmanship – Monday, August 7, 2023, 5:00 PM
- Market Poultry and Market Turkey Judging & Showmanship – Tuesday, August 8, 2023, 4:00 PM
- Mini Pig Trick Contest – Wednesday, August 9, 2023, 2:00 PM
- Mini Pig Costume Contest – Saturday, August 12, 2023, 2:00 PM
- Rooster Crowing & Hen Cackling Contests – Sunday, August 13, 2023
Marley Laffoon and Leydin Bowman
for Fair News
Keep up with events, tickets, news and more - straight to your inbox.